Monday, June 13, 2011

I Have The Best Job Ever





So I've been enjoying my summer. All 8 (11 if you count the weekend) days of it, so far have been nothing short of excellent. I really and truly believe teaching is the best job ever, I felt that way all year. Sure, there are many people who wouldn't do it if it paid millions, never mind the meek salary we earn, but the perks--the perks are worth it. And summer vacation has, thus far, proved to be quite the perk. You may or may not believe this but I was honestly a little apprehensive about having all the free time of 10 weeks off. As you should know by now, I don't do bored or idle well at. all. The first afternoon off, I indulged. Got in bed and stayed there alternating between finishing Chelsea Handler's new book and watching crappy TV. I only got up that night to make dinner. A bit of a low point for me but I felt it to be necessary. I was up ready to go for my first workout of the summer the very next morning. Which brings me to reason #1 I'm enjoying summer. This is what my wardrobe consists of:






















Workout clothes for the gym and cheer practice (so I AM technically working this summer, coaching) and swim suits in my spare time. But of course, I've found the time to be plenty productive in between workouts and lounging at the pool (where I have finished 2 books!). Note the cross in the mirror in the picture of me? Made it. Cut it, painted it and crafted the stones on. Those carpets? Shampooed 'em. That Swisher pup in the background? Well...I ordered her Heartguard online (not a huge accomplishment) but I have been getting some major quality time with her. I also have had a few firsts, first time hosting Bunco, first flea market experience, first cheer practice as a coach. Yep, it's been a busy 8 days, I don't mess around. I even planted these petunias....



















I'm sure Jon would like me to note that I took these pictures before he mowed and edged the lawn.




And despite the family of wasps that would like to scare me away, I keep them watered daily. Those pesky wasps. I unloaded an entire can of spray on those a-holes one morning and was only able to take one measly stinger down. Later that night they must have been angry about the loss of their kin, because Jon got attacked by one. The nerve!


So as you can see, I'm not so much worried about being bored this summer anymore. If the first week and a half is any indication of what I'll be able to accomplish and the fun I'll had, I'm in for maybe the best perk of my job yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment