Monday, February 7, 2011

Blizzard 2011: S'no Joke!

Today is snow day number 5 for me, and probably not the last of the week. I secretly hoped I might prevent the snow from coming last week by "willing it away" silly, yes. I knew better. It was when I woke up Tuesday morning to a frozen tundra that I decided to accept the blizzard. I couldn't resist the urge to see just how high the snow drifts were. (up to my chest in some places!)


I mentally prepared for a good 2-3 days of not leaving the house. I made detailed to-do lists filling the hours of free time I'd have. As long as I kept busy from 8-4 (when I'm normally teaching) I could handle idle time in the evenings. Jon's work was closed for the remainder of the week...which was good. Even though he did a lot of this:

It was great not being alone, those snow days are too boring. Tuesday and Wednesday were full of cleaning, organizing, laundry, a little working out and a LOT of this:


Swisher-pup and I watching TV in bed

Just when the laziness was getting really old we got company. Mike and the boys came to be snowed in with us for a bit. We played our favorite couch pillow game, watched movies, ate snacks, colored and played in the snow for all of maybe 20 min.



We throw all the couch pillows on the floor and play 'house' and hide each other. Here, Daddy is being hidden. Max is focused on finding him.




So the week was over, the weekend arrived and we were able to get out some. A trip to mom and dad's, the vet for a check up and shots, over to a few friends' houses, etc. Life was almost normal again. Except then came today. No school AGAIN. I know in future years I might be excited about this, when the newness of teaching wears off and all. But I miss work. I miss waking up for a purpose each day, I miss my kids, my teacher friends, being around people--all of it. I've had enough of this snow! I would say I can't take any more of it but I know there's more coming so I'd better change my attitude and find a way to be happy about it. S'no way I'm gonna let it get the best of me. hehe! I've definitely been enjoying all the play on words, they're s'now much fun. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment