Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snowklahoma? Snowmageddon? Snowpocolypse?

Still loving the play on snow words, keep 'em coming! Snow day #7? Yeah, I think that's the number we're on. More of that white junk was fluttering around this morning. And while our bed is especially cozy I just can't stay there ALL day.

So after a good hour of sloth-ing (yep, that's a verb. Trust me, I teach this stuff) around I got up to do a little file clean-up.

But that only took about an hour...so what's a girl to do?? Well, I could have graded these papers that have only been hanging over my head for a good 2 weeks.

And I really did consider it for all of maybe 2 minutes. But I needed to get up and move. Soooo I had no other choice than to shovel the drive. After all, I figure the last thing Jon would want to do when he gets home from a long day at work is shovel the driveway, in the dark, just to pull the car in. Yes, I'm a good wife. So I put on my coat, my Uggs and my shades and headed out.

Not too bad. Only, when I went to grab the shovel all I found was this sad little digger.

I thought about giving up, but then I got an idea that proved to be pretty dang brilliant. I pulled out this sweet little sweeper. Poor thing never gets used since my Dyson works the tile floors with excellence. I could tell it was ready to shine.
I know I looked silly. One neighbor immediately scoffed " You're gonna need something bigger than that!" I just smiled and said, "eh, well see how it goes." About 10 minutes later he sent his lady in for a broom. Another neighbor came over with his big bad snow shovel offering to help. "No thanks." This took me a little over an hour, and Mr. Snow Shovel was still scoopin' away when I came inside.

Now whether or not Jon will come running in showering me with praise and kind words is to be determined. I'm not holding my breath, I'm a smart girl.

But until he gets home I think I'll relax with a few of these tasty little treats. Damn you, Valentine's aisle, being so pretty and happy looking. I can't resist strolling up and down a few times. I love holiday displays, I'm a sucker for their aesthetics. These hopped into my cart.
Sweetarts are FAR superior to those crappy conversation hearts. But I only eat these 3 colors. Now if they made a yellow heart I would drop blue in a heartbeat for yellow. What's up with no yellow, Willy Wonka? Yep, this little girl and I will just have to snuggle up and do some grading--no, watch some TV. Don't let this innocent face fool you, though. Bitch just ate my orange heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment