Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Break Part 2

Let's see.. the second half of SB flew by quick as a wink. Thursday Aubrey, her mom Sheila, and I took a trip up to the Gap outlet in Bartlesville. An hour drive for one store? Yes, worth it. We left with SO many great deals. Aub even made it home with this hat. > Thursday night Jon and I hit up downtown T-town to celebrate St. Patrick's. The weather was perfect, the Killian's was cold and the people watching was prime. Luckily Lacey was there for a bit to take a picture with me, since Jon was being lame and wouldn't.


Spring Break was not entirely all fun and games, however. Friday night we experienced a bit of a tragedy. As we were backing out of the driveway we hear a::CruncH::. "What was that??" I asked. "Oh, probably a cat or something," Jon casually retorted, to which he earned a slap on the arm and "You're an ass! It sounded like a plastic pop bottle" We leave, glance back, nothing. Fast forward to Saturday morning bright and early. I'm leaving for the gym, about to take a big bite of my protein bar when I discover what the crunch was. A, quite large turtle. Blood. Guts. GAG. I pulled over once my tires had successfully straddled it and send a sleeping Jon a text:" YOU KILLED A TURTLE!!! WAAAHHHH!!!" It took my entire workout to shake the image from my head. The story gets worse, Teddy the turtle wasn't dead. Poor amphibian suffered all night. I'm not going to lie, I shed a tear or two after hearing how he was finally put to rest. I'll spare you.

I had to quickly get over my grief and hustle to get ready for our trip to OKC. I should have posted the picture of Jon snoring in the car. Justice for Teddy, you know, but I'll be nice. We had such a fun time with Michelle, Brian and the girls. We played on the swing set, went for lunch and ice cream, watched home videos of their trip to Disney World and we drew with sidewalk chalk. We met Miss Sophie too.

Alains is far too busy to pose for pictures. This was the best I could do, mouth full of her 'dirt and worms' ice cream.
I really don't get to see the girls often enough. Alaina is a regular comedian with enough personality and attitude for ten toddlers. Alyssa on the other hand is proving more and more that she's not a baby anymore, not a toddler either but a full-fledged little girl. Amazing.


Back to school, aka, work came quickly and I'm enjoying my students so much. I think that little break was immensely helpful. It occurred to me today that there are only 8 weeks left of my 1st year of teaching. I want to soak up all the good in these kids while I've got 'em, and if I can help with the bad, or at least ignore it I'd say the year will end in success.

No comments:

Post a Comment